BLOG || ABOUT

Friday, August 28, 2009

No-coffee coffee ride

Yesterday (Thursday) I spent the best part of the day in Madrid, taking care of some bureaucratic stuff--and paying a little visit to doctor F. for an "oil change"... hehehe. So no riding.
With all this traveling and what not I haven't slept much lately, so this morning (Friday) I rested and I did what in Chicago we would call "a coffee ride." Only that there are no coffee shops in the right places, or teammates to share the coffee with. (Yes, I miss that.)
Since I don't have any pancake-flat routes around here, I did the Coll d'Estenalles climb, but spinning the small gears and stopping along the way to take pictures. By the way, my dumb self forgot to take the USB cables for the camera, so I can't show you the photos (grrrrr...).

Click on the picture to enlarge

Source: climbbybike.com

Nothing really to write home about, I guess: 14.7km, average gradient of 3.9%, and max gradient of about 9%. The start of the "coll", though, is just about 1 mile from my house! Three quarters of the route goes through forest, and half of it is within a nature preserve. Most of the route is on a narrow road, with barely enough space for two cars side to side. All in all, a very pleasant easy ride.

By the way, these twisty descents are pretty fun on my Ti steed--this is the first time I'm riding it here.

1 comment:

J/tati said...

Stop making us jealous. No. I take that back.