BLOG || ABOUT

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Riding in Spain!

I'm spending a coupl' weeks with my folks, somewhere near Barcelona (sorry I can't be more specific about my whereabouts--the UCI vampires are after me).

Got home last night, put together the bike (the road bike) and went on my first ride this morning. I did what I call the "Volta a Gallifa" (i.e. Tour of Gallifa), a 63km loop with a few longish hills and constant changes in gradient. No categorized climbs today.

Sorry, no pictures. I was 100% on hammer mode. By the way, I discovered that my max HR is 1bpm higher than I thought. I didn't beat my PR on this course though, by 8 minutes. (My best time is 2h 1', from 7-8-2007.)

A few observations:

1. It's darn hot and humid here. I had to get up three times in the middle of the night, all sweaty, to drink water. The weather is what it is, though. I'd better change my attitude about this; otherwise I'm gonna be really miserable.

2. The hills look as steep as I remembered them, but they don't feel as tough. Good!

3 comments:

jesse williams said...

Cisco. we're missing you man. Hope the trip is fun and that you're having a great time. Enjoy the hills!

Bernard said...

Have a great trip!! Are you going to stage 5 of the Vuelta (Tarragona to Vinaros)?

morningroll said...

Thanks for stopping by, guys! I miss you guys too. I wish we could all go for a ride around here.