BLOG || ABOUT

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Photos!

I got around my technological issues, so get ready for a deluge of pics from my riding forays around here. For starters, pictures from the "no-coffee" coffee ride on Friday...



The thing you see in the background is my mountain, seen from the north end of my hometown. I grew up seeing that hill (altitude 1,095m or 3,593ft), called Sant Llorenç del Munt. That's not where I rode on Friday, though--there is no road that goes up there.


>
Another view of Sant Llorenç del Munt, a bit closer.



Road on the way to Coll d'Estenalles. Typical riding landscape around here: kind of steep roads, good pavement, and pines and oak trees and spiky bushes everywhere.



"Porcs senglars" means wild boars in Catalan. I didn't see any though.



One of the steepest sections of the climb, around km. 10. I didn't even bother chasing those guys--no chasing during coffee rides.


Textbook switchback.



The summit!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Awesome. Keep 'em coming.

Also, please explain why catalan wild boars have antlers.

Unknown said...

What Joe said! (I guess I better get used to Joe beating me, since I'll be racing in Masters or 3s this fall.)