BLOG || ABOUT

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A race report from West Lafayette RR


Brian Boyle (M-3, XXX Racing)

No Haikus or Sufi love poetry or conversations with you tube links. Though I hope you enjoy them. Myself, Brian Smith and Jason Sutherland, resident of Gary did the West Lafayette RR (Men’s 3/4). Our race was 48 miles. A six mile ride to the laps. The laps were a rectangle all right hands with a hill. Brian and Brian did a lot of talk on strategy. We know Jason as a strong rider from the NWI group rides and Matteson. Jason was a very accomplished junior who is coming back into competitive cycling. Our thoughts were similar to last week at Rum Village - BB sets tempo and chases and does a lead out for Brian. Jason we would give the freedom to help, be helped by us, race a good race, see what he could do. Well - I did my usual stuff en masse if that is the right way to put it. Jason did a flyer, BB did a flyer and Brian also did a flyer. The course suited a pack finish......with the exception of one four pack break, it looked like a pack finish. With 2 miles or so left in the 3rd lap, I went to the front to pull, nobody pulled thru and there I went....off the front. I held a large gap to varying degrees. A solo bridge to me from Sam of new United South Shore Racing (Lake and Porter County team). Continue reading here.

No comments: