BLOG || ABOUT

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My ridiculous team kit

Yesterday evening I went for my first post-injury ride, rain and all. As I was getting dressed in full orange-and-black glory it occurred to me that I wear a very expensive team kit. Let's see (MSRP in brackets):

Spiuk Nexion helmet ($140)

Spiuk Ventix multi-lens sunglasses, Euskaltel's custom design ($115)



Ibex Fausto jersey ($125)


Ibex El Fito knickers ($120)


DeFeet Levitator Lite Wool socks ($10)


Craft gloves ($33)


Total: $543.
The only part of my kit that is cheap and doesn't match the team colors are my shoes (and old pair of red Nikes). I gotta work on that.

4 comments:

Liz So said...

Glad to have you back!

Francisco said...

Yeah, I am really happy to hang out with you guys again. It's good to see the team at the Monday meetings and all, but nothing beats a good morning roll (of the first kind).

J/tati said...

Austin wants an Assos option for the 2009 kits, which would make the Ibex stuff looks like pauper wear. As long as he buys a matching orange bike, I may have to indulge him.

morningroll said...

I'm not opposed to the Assos option, but it would make us look just like everybody else, which defeats the purpose of being in this team, right? :)