BLOG || ABOUT

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rave reviews of the St. Charles course

Tamara Fraser (W-4, XXX)

Raced cross in St. Charles yesterday. It was a VERY technical course, which did not play to my strengths. But it was still super fun.

A Mission Bay woman gave me trouble for a while, then a Tati girl remained tantalizingly out of reach for two laps -- every time I got close, I'd screw up at a barrier or in the gravel or in the off-camber turns, and she'd get out ahead of me again. I finally caught her on the last lap, passing her on the way up the hill and somehow managing to stay ahead of her through the barrier and run-up.
That Tati girl. Again.

Joe Kallo (Masters 30, UCVC)

Above all, I couldn’t stop smiling over what an awesome day of cyclocross we had. All ten CCC races could be held on this course and they’d never hear a complaint from me. Well done guy and gals.
Beverly Bike-VeePak

Today's race had it all! The course laid out for us today in St. Charles by the Chicago Cyclocross Cup was a doozy. Not necessarily very difficult, but there was no place to let your mind wander. From the winding climb just off of the start, to the off-camber section on the back of the course, to the twisting downhill and of course the best section on the course for me was the improvised beer garden. This section was an absolute blast to ride through everytime. Riders were shouted at, heckled, encouraged, some beer hand-ups were given out, bells were rung, pictures were taken, money was handed-up, you name it, it happened all within these 25 yards. Incredible fun!

Curtis, Robert (M-5, Bicycle Heaven)

Awesome race. Robert Kelley and Matt Stewart from my team (Bicycle Heaven) set up the course and all I have to say is....OMG!!! Actually more like OMFG!!

Didriksen, Erik (M-4, XXX)

This week's ChiCrossCup race was in St. Charles and the course was set up wonderfully - kudos to the organizers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang, I picked the wrong weekend to be sick as the proverbial dog.

Joe said...

Man you sure did. This thing was epic.