BLOG || ABOUT

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What people said about Woodstock


Brady, Jim (Masters, Pony Shop): I remember after pulling for awhile and Jim coming through saying to him "we've got to stay with him, he'll be gone." But then the elastic broke.

Cartier, Jacques (M-3, XXX): However, I did have one good partner next to me, Brian Parker. This guy is the fricken Picasso of down hill decent on the cross bike. He was coming around the corners so smooth like he was painting a master piece and I was taking notes and eventually catching up on the small climbs and straightaways.

Fraser, Tamara (W-4, XXX): ...right here my teammate Mike hollers, "don't mess up these turns and you got it!" forshadowing my downfall. -- back up the hill, around the 180 at the top, braking into the first 'S' turn, braking for the second, which you can shoot right out of and into the finishing stretch . . . but I was trying just too hard and missed the angle on the second turn, the easy turn, and slid out. Mike was screaming for me to get up, and I tried, but stepped on the side of my foot, rolled my ankle and fell again -- Lara passing me, of course -- I finally got on the bike and finished in third. So frustrating. So disappointing.

Golz, Carolyn (W-4, Pony Shop)

Heck, Greg (M-3, XXX): I won... a bike at the Woodstock Cyclocross race.

Holland, Jeff (M-3, XXX)

Klug, Kevin (M-1, Killjoy): I guess it became a "training ride". Nonetheless, I figured I would ride hard and get some effort in. The course was not all that technical but it was fun anyway with some nice up and down and fast speed sections. There's something about riding a road bike off road really fast that is so much fun.

Kuhn, Lou (M-3, Pony Shop): Most of the race is a blur but I kept fighting back to Chris and got in front with just over 1 lap to go, after that I just held on rode the good lines and sprinted as hard as I could for the W.

Popper, Julie (W-4, Half Acre Cycling): I just couldn’t get my cleat in the darn things. I’m sure everyone saw this happen, and the field just rode away from me. By the time we hit the first singletrack, any chance of a respectable finish was gone. But again, who’s going for respectable?

Strout, Chris (M-3, World Bicycle Relief)

Photo from velosnaps.

No comments: